In the privately owned 20,000 acre Oserengoni Wildlife Sanctuary just above the shores of Lake Naivasha within the Great Rift Valley.
Chui Lodge is a private getaway as rare and impressive as the animal after which it is named (Chui is the Swahili word for Leopard). Crafted from simple bush stone, local Acacia, Leleshwa and Olive woods with a beautiful twisted Marula roof, it features pillars and murals with intricate African carvings creating the feel of an artist’s gallery. The lodge and the swimming pool overlook a busy waterhole with the Mau Escarpment as a backdrop and the Oserengoni Wildlife Sanctuary is home to an astonishing range of wildlife. Fresh vegetables and dairy products are produced on the farm nearby and therefore obtained daily.
There are only 8 luxury individual cottages, each with its own fireplace, en-suite bathroom with marble basin tops and a delightful veranda with its own view. Three deluxe cottages in addition feature a cosy living room. Six of the cottages have magnificent four poster king size beds, whilst the remaining two have generously sized singles.
- Water, soft drinks, beers and house wines are included in the room rates.
- Champagne, special wines and spirits are at an additional cost.
Children under 10 years are not permitted (unless the whole lodge is booked exclusively).
- Exclusive use of the Oserengoni Wildlife Sanctuary for day and night game drives in 4- wheel drive vehicles with professional local guides.
- Guided bush walks
- Boat trips & fishing on Lake Naivasha
- Bird watching
- Heated swimming pool
- Bush breakfasts
- Horse riding
- Game drives in Hell’s Gate National Park
- Day trips to Lake Nakuru National Park
Chui Lodge’s commitment to conservation includes the careful management of the 20,000 acre Oserengoni Wildlife Sanctuary, which hosts over 45 different species of mammals including several non-indigenous species that were imported in order to contribute to the survival of their species such as Grevy Zebra and Cheetah.
How to get there:
By road: Approximately 1½ hours driving time from Nairobi.
By air: To nearby airstrips Oserian (10 min.) and Loldia (35 min.):
- Oserian private airstrip for private charters.
- Safarilink – from Nairobi daily with arrival at Loldia airstrip ongoing to the Masai Mara during high season.